Move In Procedure
We are looking forward to having a long and successful relationship with you. Following the procedure will make ensure a successful transition into your new home.
- Make sure you have all of the utilities you are responsible for in your name on the day you are moving in.
- Please have separate money orders or cashier’s checks ready for the rent and the security deposit. Pet deposits and security deposits are fine on the same check. When you make them out please put your new address in the memo section of the checks.
- Rent is paid in advance. We do not let people have the keys until we have received the rent and security deposit.
- In most cases it will not be possible to get in early. If a move in occurs in the middle of the month prorated rent will need to be paid.
- You should plan on signing the lease and doing a walk-through inspection on the day you are moving in. It usually takes about 45 minutes.
Rent Payment Instructions
Rent is due on the first of each month. If rent is not received by the 5th of the month a late fee of $50 will be accessed.
All rent and security deposit payments will be in the form of a money order or cashier’s check. We do not accept personal checks without prior approval and will no absolutely cash will be accepted. All payments should be made out to Preview Properties Property Management. Please include the address in “memo” section of the check.
Payments can be sent to Preview Properties Property Management located at:
1615 Buck Way
Mount Vernon WA 98273
Or it can also be delivered to our office. There is a box labelled “rent checks” just inside our office door. Our office hours are weekdays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, but are subject to change
Move Out Procedure
One of our biggest challenges is to ensure that our rentals are clean and everything is working properly. In most cases the lease expires on the last day of the month and there is someone else moving in the next day who expects the unit to be ready. Twenty years of experience managing rental properties has taught us how to have a successful move out.
- Give us proper notice that you are moving out! If you move out and don’t tell us you are still renting. Most of our tenants want to get as much security deposit back as possible and give the unit back clean. If you would rather pay someone else to clean we receive volume discounts with many local service providers.
- Two weeks prior to your departure date put in a change of address at the post office.
- Have the utilities you are paying taken out of your name as of the last day of your lease. Please do not have the water, gas or power disconnected! We have arrangements with the utilities companies to have the bills sent to us if the rental is not occupied. Feel free to get the internet, phone and cable disconnected.
- It most likely will take a few days to get the house ready! We require the carpets to be professionally cleaned when you move out. In most situations it’s impossible to have them cleaned if the rental still has things in it. Give yourself plenty of time!
- Make sure you return all keys, garage door openers and mail box keys. If you return the keys will be forced to change the locks at your expense. The post office charges $55 to change the mail box lock.
- The batteries in the smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms need to be in working order. All light bulbs need to be working. If they are too high or you are uneasy replacing them please leave them in plain sight inside the rental and we will gladly do it.
- Don’t forget to clean behind the fridge and under the stove.
- In most cases you are responsible for having the lawn cut and the weeds pulled.
- Don’t leave any of your things unless we agreed to it. We will charge you to get rid of them. Please do not try to fill nail holes unless you know what you are doing!
- When you have everything ready please contact us so we can do the inspection.
- Be patient, by law we have 14 days to return the security deposit.